Friday, January 13, 2006

Great Catholic photographer

Without a doubt, one of the best Catholic photographers around is Karen Callaway, who works for The Northwest Indiana Catholic for the Diocese of Gary -- but she has shared her talent with surrounding dioceses and most frequently with Catholic News Service.

I know that more than once she has helped me and the staff of The Criterion learn how to take better photographs. Many of the photos I took this summer in Europe for World Youth Day only turned out well because of the advice she'd given me.

Anyway, you can check out a couple of photo stories that she's done here and here.

If you visit their site periodically you'll see why the newspaper's awards page is covered with honors for Karen. In the future, I'll try to post more of her outstanding photos whenever possible.

No comments: